Although the weather outside was frightful (50-degree temperatures, and rainy forecast) it was nice to be back out and practicing with the squad!
Due to the rain in the past couple of days, Howard Jones was incapable of hosting the team for today. It had created unfavorable conditions and would not be as effective in fine-tuning our players’ strategies as opposed to a dry field.
So, instead, we wandered over to Cromwell’s Track & Field Stadium just across the street.
Cromwell’s FieldTurf surface eliminates the potential of losing traction with your footing and other problems caused by wet grass/dirt.
We are also set to practice tomorrow–at 12 noon–again before getting one more two-day break for finals. Depending on Coach Carroll’s decision upon arriving tomorrow morning, we may practice at Howard Jones or Cromwell.
Whatever it is, we are all “majorly” hoping for the rain to come to a halt! It certainly makes it for a wilder practice.